Just found out I was nominated for “The Liebster Award” by Stephanie over at Theater Lovin’. Check her out! The Liebster Award is a blogger-to-blogger award in which one blogger nominates other bloggers who have under 200 followers and who he or she believes deserves some recognition for their blog. Those who are nominated and choose to participate must post 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the nominator, create their own set of 11 questions for their nominations, and then choose 11 blogs to nominate.
Thanks Stephanie! This looks like fun! Here goes. First, 11 facts about me:
- I took ballet for 14 years, age 5-21 with a couple of years off in high school.
- I can fit a dollar’s worth of dimes in my bellybutton. Yep. I’ve tested it.
- This summer I started training for a half marathon, and got up to running ten miles. Since Moving to NYC, I haven’t gone on a single run. Bad Mandie!
- I went to college in Idaho. Go Vandals!
- I eat meat but I HATE cooking it and hardly ever prepare it for myself.
- I love to bake!
- I play guitar.
- I’m pretty shy. I’ve gotten better since I was a kid, but it’s still hard for me to “put myself out there” to people.
- I am a chocolate freak. if it’s not chocolate, I probably won’t consider it dessert.
- I have the worst sense of direction ever. It’s embarrassing.
- I’m still figuring out “what I want to be when I grow up,” and I’ve realized that most adults are still doing the same thing!
Questions from Theater Lovin‘:
1. If you could travel to one place right this instant (teleportation style), where would it be?
It’s a toss up between my parent’s house in Olympia, Washington, and my friend Chase’s house in Los Angeles. I haven’t been to either place in over a year and I’m really missing the west coast!
2. What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
I had a breakfast quesadilla! A tortilla with peanut butter, banana and chia seeds, YUM. My standard breakfast is oatmeal with banana, peanut butter and chia seeds. I know what I like. :)
3. Biggest pet peeve?
I hate the sound of ice scraping together. It makes my teeth hurt! Along those same lines, when people bite popsicles with their teeth! AH! I get goosebumps all over and it just freaks me out!
4. If you could nominate one celebrity to be president, who would it be?
I think Tom Hanks would be a good president. I don’t really know why, but everyone loves Tom Hanks, right?
5. Favorite book?
That is such a hard question for me! Favorite movie is equally hard. I can never choose just one! Some recent faves are: Bossypants by Tina Fey, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, Room by Emma Donahue, Faithful Place by Tana French and I’m currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.
6. Is there anything that you wish you knew how to do?
TONS of things. I wish I knew how to juggle. I wish I could do acrobatic “tricks”, really anything done in the circus, I wish I could do. My “special skills” section of my resume is seriously lacking..
Well, technically Mandie is a nickname for Amanda. Other than that I occasionally get Mandalou, Mandiecakes, Minty (Ari!) and Jon calls me schmoobles, which I realize is kind of gross. :)
8. Favorite pizza topping?
9. Favorite Broadway (or movie) soundtrack?
Broadway soundtrack is the original cast of Into the Woods, Movie soundtrack is the Away We Go soundtrack
10. What fruits would your perfect smoothie include?
I’m a purist. I love classic strawberry banana. Maybe some mango and peach if I’m feeling frisky.
11. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An actor! That has always been a dream, although I definitely imagined the life of an actress very differently when I was a kid. I still love it though!
Also, I VERY briefly wanted to be a lawyer. My best friend in the third grade and I were going to start our own law firm, J&O Associates. I’m pretty sure I drew a picture of us as lawyers at one point. However, once I actually realized what being a lawyer meant, I switched back to actor.
My Turn! Questions for my nominees…
- If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- Describe your dream home.
- Who is one of your heroes?
- Favorite movie?
- iPhone or android?
- What would your last meal be?
- What is one of your guilty pleasures?
- Favorite cocktail?
- What is your favorite memory?
- If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be?
Now I get to nominate some people! My nominees are…
1. Frugal Portland
2. Ari’s Menu
3. Magic Wands and Wooden Spoons
Thanks again, Stephanie! This was fun!